The fire is out, but your home is damaged beyond recognition. Now what? Call 24/7 Metro Restoration

We’ve handled fire damage all across the Carolinas.

We’ve seen some of the most devastating damage that you can imagine. The good news is that we’ve also restored a lot of damage. If you’ve just been through a terrifying disaster, you can’t get back to normal life until you get rid of the damage. Fortunately, that’s why we’re here. If you’re ready to start your assessment, call us now. 24/7 Metro Restoration is equipped and ready to deal with all sorts of damage left behind from fires.

Your house handles all of your day to day life. A lot of that day-to-day life involves fire and heat. House fires can start in many different ways. Some of the most common ones are:


Electric fires start because of old or faulty wiring. Electric sparks can catch onto flammable material, causing a major flare-up. For future prevention, have an electrician check your home for potential risks once every few years.


A fireplace, obviously, can be a source for a house fire. When your chimney goes without being cleaned for a long time, it can hold onto buildup. That buildup can then catch on fire. You can prevent house fires by getting your chimney checked every season before you start using the fireplace.


Kitchen activities cause a lot of house fires. Grease can spill across the oven and catch fire. A stray napkin or piece of paper can get too close to a gas stove.

Since the kitchen is the place where people use the most fire and heat, it’s also the place where many house fires begin. It’s always a good idea to keep a fire extinguisher in the kitchen, just in case of emergency.


Dryers are an extremely common source of house fires. These appliances generate a lot of heat. Generally, dryer fires happen because people forget to empty the lint trap in between loads.

As a result, the dryer doesn’t get proper ventilation and overheats. The clothes inside the dryer then fuel the fire. You can prevent fire by checking the lint trap before and after every load of laundry.


Fire, of course, can burn different parts of your house or building. While some things will have to be replaced, others can be restored or rebuilt. When we do our initial assessment, we’ll talk to you about what we can restore and what we’ll have to throw away. And we’ll always keep you updated during the process.


Fire leaves soot behind, and that soot can get everywhere. It’ll spread all across your house or building, making the damage look even worse than it already is. Furthermore, soot causes stains. Thankfully, our cleaning process can remove most of those stains. We’ll vacuum up the soot and then deep clean salvageable items.


Smoke is one of the most difficult aspects of fire damage. Often, smoke will stay behind long after the fire has been put out. The problem is that smoke lodges itself into paint and soft objects, which is why the smell sticks around even after the visible smoke is gone. Once again, our deep cleaning process will get the job done.


If you used water to put out the fire, that water may cause damage later. Water can leave warps and stains of its own. Sometimes it mixes with soot and spreads those stains even further. Water also leaves mold, so it’s important to dry the affected space as soon as possible. 24/7 Metro Restoration handles water damage all the time, so we’re completely prepared to take on whatever the water brings.


24/7 Metro Restoration doesn’t just serve homes. We also remove odors from commercial buildings all across the Carolinas. Does your building have an odor from cigarette smoke? Are you dealing with the aftereffects of a fire or another disaster? We are ready to help you get back to business as usual. Just like with homes, we can arrive at your building in about an hour to get started.


In the winter, heaters can carry a risk for fires. Your main heater can start a fire if you have debris in your air vents. If flammable material overheats, it can cause a spark. Or if you have faulty wiring powering your building’s heaters, those can also spark. Finally, poor ventilation can lead to overheating and eventually fire. You can prevent these issues in the same way that you would in your home. Have an electrician do regular check-ups, keep the vents clean, and keep the air ducts clear. Space heaters are also a common cause of fires. If you allow space heaters in your building, make sure that they’re being used safely.


Sometimes, people will toss their cigarette butts into garbage cans and wastebaskets instead of ashtrays. When this happens, a spark from a cigarette can ignite papers and other materials inside the can. Trashcan fires can grow to engulf an entire building, so make sure that you have clear rules in place when it comes to cigarette disposal.


Smoke should go away on its own, right? After all, it doesn’t have any real substance. It should just float off into the air. So why does your home still have that smoky smell? Well, that smell can stick around for a lot of different reasons. Usually, it gets trapped on its way out of the house. Let’s take a closer look at why smoke lingers.


If you bought your home or office from a former smoker, that cigarette smell doesn’t go away easily. Now, if one person smoked a single cigarette inside your home, that smell would probably leave within a few hours. The small amount of smoke wouldn’t be enough to cause a major problem. However, when someone habitually smokes in the same location, the smell builds up until it requires a special cleaning process for removal.


Smoke and other odors get especially annoying because they can hide in different places. They can sneak into cabinets, closets, and other closed spaces. Then, they get stuck and keep your home or office smelling bad while you just keep cleaning. Sometimes, removing smoke requires a complete cleaning from top to bottom. You need a team that will clean around every last corner. That’s the only way that the smell will go away for good.


It’s true, paint can absorb odors. Since smoke is so thin, it can easily settle into the paint on your walls. If you clean your entire house but find that the smell is still there, it may have something to do with the paint. If you do have smoke in your paint, we can help.


Speaking of things that absorb smells, your soft surfaces can hold on to smoke for a long time. Smoke settles deeply into soft surfaces, meaning that a basic cleaning won’t get all of the odor out. You need a professional-level deep clean to remove all of the leftover smoke.


Of course, not all persistent odor comes from smoke. Bad smells can come from other sources, too. 24/7 Metro Restoration, of course, can handle all of them. We’ve listed some of the most common sources below:


If you’ve noticed a musty smell after a rainy period, that smell might be coming from mold and mildew. Mold and mildew grow in dark, damp places, making them difficult to find. That’s why you may not be able to pinpoint the source of the smell. Your 24/7 Metro Restoration team will know how to locate the mold and mildew. We can stop those substances in their tracks so that the smell goes away.


If you have a sewage backup somewhere in your home or office, you’ll probably notice the smell before you find the problem. We can remove the water and then disinfect the area, making the place clean again.


First, we always start with an assessment. We’ll take a look at your home or building and figure out why the smoke smell hasn’t gone away. From there, we’ll develop a step-by-step plan to make your home or building smell fresh again.


Next, we’ll clean. This isn’t just any cleaning process, though. This is an in-depth process that finds and destroys all of the odors without harming your furniture. We use safe but effective cleaning tools and solutions.


Finally, we’ll check the air quality to make sure that we’ve gotten rid of all of the smoke. Often, smoke lingers in your air ducts and vents. We can clean both so that you only have fresh air circulating through your home.

CALL US: 704-372-1200